Pencil Tip Publishing is pleased to announce that our charitable recipient for the Temporal Logbook II will be MDABC (Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia).
The MDABC is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment, support, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder. We serve to build awareness and understanding in communities throughout the province, reaching out to as many people as possible.
The Goals of the MDABC are:
- Reduce the stigma of mood disorders
- Cultivate an inclusive community that promotes well being
- Provide rapid access to mental health services
- Encourage the development of effective self-help models
- Encourage research into mood disorders and self-help models
The MDABC Philosophy
The MDABC celebrates their partnerships with individuals, their families, professionals, and agencies. We believe in, value, and respect:
- The potential of each individual
- Understanding, empathy, and listening as the cornerstones of self-help
- Sharing and caring as the basis for healing
- Honesty, trust, and confidentiality
- Inclusiveness, community, and hope
- Participative decision-making in treatment options
- The choices of individuals taking responsibility for their actions
- The contributions of individuals and their families and friends
- The skills of professionals and their role in recovery and support
- Learning and self-awareness as part of the education process
- Research as part of best treatment and recovery
Pencil Tip is excited to be partnered with the MDABC. 100% of the net proceeds from the sales of The Temporal Logbook II will be donated to the MDABC.
To learn more about the MDABC please visit their website at www.mdabc.net.